My digital scale is broken, it will only weigh lower amounts and shows lines instead of digits above 450g. So I actually ruined the experiement I was working on and instead of throwing out the starter which was already mixed with water, I decided to put together a batch of….. something! I added some Rye flour, Bread flour, oil, salt, 1/2 & 1/2, a lump of aged dough from the batch a couple of days before which was being refrigerated and just winged it. After the bulk fermentation, I poured out the dough and added flax seeds.
I am pretty happy with the outcome. Don’t ask me what it is or for the recipe, because this bread will never be able to be duplicated. Here it is:
It was fun, tastes great, makes nice sandwiches and terrific toast. Winging it can work!
Filed under: Sourdough Baking |